PERFORM is supporting the Ministry of Education and Sport of Albania in contracting an Advisory Group for drafting the National Strategy for Research, Technology and Innovation 2017-2022 and its related Action Plan.
This group, which will be composed of one Albanian senior researcher, one Albanian junior researcher, one regional and one international expert, is expected to support the National Expert to complete the final draft of the strategy document and its related action plan by providing feedback, guidance and ensuring compliance with internationally accepted principles for research (quality, openness, etc.). Its four members will provide their input according to their field of expertise, in order to make sure that the strategy document is in line with the most important developments at a regional and international level, particularly with EU guidelines, and that it gives proper consideration to the advancement of all disciplines and of the position of all Albanian researchers working in the country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review preliminary analysis of the sector and other key documents related to Science Reform;
- Assist the Working Group on Strategy (established by the Ministry of Education and Sport) and the National Expert in refining the vision for the National Strategy for Research, Technology and Innovation 2017-2022;
- Participate in the consultation meeting(s) organised by the Ministry of Education and Sport with stakeholders for reviewing the preliminary documents, as well as other relevant meetings scheduled by the National Expert and the Working Group on Strategy;
- Support the National Expert in drafting the preliminary and final version of the National Strategy for Research, Technology and Innovation 2017-2022 and its related Action Plan, through the provision of feedback and backstopping support.
- This also includes provision of supporting analysis, support in identifying key priorities, core activities/measures/performance indicators, etc.
- Continuous communication with the National Expert is key for a successful result.
- Senior Researcher
- Senior professional, with a minimum of ten years of experience in the scientific research sector;
- Academic degree (Dr or above);
- Previous experience participating in Working Groups created by the Ministry of Education and Sport for drafting different documents would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the main problems facing the scientific research sector in Albania;
- Excellent communications skills
- Junior professional, with a minimum of three years of experience in the scientific research sector;
- Minimum academic requirement: PhD candidate, preferably in the realm of social sciences;
- Excellent knowledge of the position of young/junior researchers in Albania;
- Awareness of the developments related to the Joint Science Conference / Berlin Process would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills.
Expected Duration of Assignment
This assignment will be carried out during January 2017. Detailed time schedule, tasks and milestones shall be agreed upon with the Ministry of Education and Sport and/or Working Group on Strategy, and the National Expert, and shared with the staff of PERFORM National Coordination Unit in Albania.
How to Apply
- A detailed CV, clearly indicating previous relevant experience
- Indicative financial offer for the engagement.