PERFORM is supporting the Ministry of Education and Sport of Albania in contracting a National Expert for drafting the National Strategy for Research, Technology and Innovation 2017-2022 and its related Action Plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and reflect on the feedback of the rounds of public consultations and minutes of the meetings of the Working Group on the Strategy document, established by the Order of Ministry of Education and Sport No. 276 dated 31.06.2016;
- Identify key gaps and needs in the existing strategic framework for research, technology and innovation and address them in the new strategy;
- Identify monitoring indicators for the implementation of the National Strategy for Research, Technology and Innovation 2017-2022 and its Action Plan;
- Submit full preliminary draft of the strategy document and its related Action Plan;
- Participate in the consultation meeting(s) organised by the Ministry of Education and Sport with stakeholders, reviewing the preliminary documents;
- Consult with the Advisory Group on the feedback received from stakeholder consultations, as well as on their input as a resource body;
- Reflect the comments and suggestions from all stakeholders in the final draft, after consulting with the Working Group on Strategy.
- Senior professional, with a minimum of ten years of experience in the scientific research sector;
- Academic title (Associated Professor or above);
- Ability to analyse issues and information, and clearly define objective, goals, actions, outcome and outputs as part of a draft strategy document;
- Previous experience in drafting and/or evaluating strategies in the field of science or similar;
- Extensive knowledge of Albanian policy making procedures; including a clear understanding of national strategy format template, as defined by the Department of Development Policy, Funding and Foreign Aid of the Office of the Prime Minister of Albania;
- Record of previous experience working in governance-related projects in Albania would be an asset;
- Excellent Albanian and English written skills.
Expected Duration of Assignment
This assignment will be carried out during the remainder of December 2016, with a possible extension to January 2017. Detailed time schedule, tasks and milestones shall be agreed upon between the Expert, the Working Group on Strategy, and shared with the staff of PERFORM National Coordination Unit in Albania.
How to Apply
- A detailed CV, clearly indicating previous relevant experience
- Indicative financial offer for consultancy.
Please submit your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org