PERFORM is seeking to contract an experienced local storyteller to engage in the design and preparation of short stories and audio-visual pieces on the role of science in society’s development during the early years of establishment of the communist regime in Albania (1945-1954), so as to contribute to a wider inclusion of different segments of the society in the public reflection process on historical memory.
The collaboration aims to provide language friendly and easily accessible written stories and audio-visual materials on the role of science in society’s development in the early years of establishment of the communist regime in Albania (1945-1954), to support an all-inclusive, evidence-informed public reflection process on national historical memory.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
- Graduate Degree in the field of multimedia, communication and/or journalism.
Experience and Competencies:
- Previous relevant experience in video–editing (preferably short videos);
- Fluent user of digital technologies (multimedia);
- Previous experience with camera and shootings, and a good command of Adobe Premiere Programme;
- Previous experience in script writing;
- Previous experience on topics that deal with the past, particularly with the communist regime, is considered an asset;
- Experience in oral history projects is considered an asset;
- Experience with internationally funded projects and ‘translation’ of research work in widely accessible language;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Proven team player.
- Full professional fluency in English.
Timeframe of the assignment:
- 1 September 2018 – 30 November 2018.
See full Terms of Reference here
- Cover letter/Expression of interest outlining clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
- Full professional curriculum vitae;
- Sample of previous work that clearly demonstrate the candidate’s skills for the assignment.
Please submit your application in English to PERFORM-Albania@helvetas.org
The deadline for submission is 26 June 2018.